Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Peeping through the keyhole...

Hi guys!

Look what I found in my mailbox today!
The birds and bonnets vintage workshop swap screen has arrived.
It is so, well what can I say? It's just too good for words.
All panels all gorgeous; see and judge yourself:


You just have to click the pictures to see the amazing details...Look at the 'bonnet' page and the 'bird' page used as backgrounds, the tags, the veil, the lovely buttons etcetera, etcetera.


Kathy Laury (Country Chintz)

I am so pleased with this screen; thank you ladies! Chapeau! (it's French for hat, or better: I take my hat off to you, in other words I make a deep bow)! Or should I say: Bonnet!? LOL
This swap has been so much fun! To see what over a 100 swappers did with more or less the same material, it's just amazing. Don't forget to check the Flickr group to see more panels. Thanks Beth and Karla for hosting!
Those two lovely ladies are not only very very creative and talented, they are generous too. We have been swapping around and look what they have send me:


This yummy parcel was send by Beth.


This tag was given by Karla. Thanks a million girls!!
All this stuff is getting a good spot in my little craftroom which is under construction as a result of a challenge hosted by Michelle right now. But you girls have my permission to look through the keyhole:










Especially for all dutch girls who love some details...
June 21st my craftroom has to be tidyied up, reorganized and supplies should be better manageable. It has been a long way baby, but I think I'm going to make this challenge.
Michelle already has posted some 'before' pictures and a questionaire that everybody has filled in. So I have been busy, there was no time to complete the red challenge with some pictures outside. To make it up to you I'll show you one: it's my red hydrangea or better known up here as hortensia. It's flowers are made of the leather kind of foliage, so this one will be beautiful until it starts freezing... I hope to see you sooner though.
Take care girls love and hugs,
LiLi M.


24 comments:

casa nostra said...

dat ziet er weer prachtig uit allemaal, helemaal mijn ding.
ik heb je vorige week ook iets opgestuurd, heb je dat gekregen?

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I didn't know hydrangeas came in red! How wonderful is that???

Glad you liked your Swap panels! Thanks for being a part of it all.

Lori said...

your birds and bonnets panels are SO pretty...everyone did such a great job on that project...i like the peep through your keyhole...i see chickenwire in a frame...i have a frame i have been dying to use chickenwire in, just another thing i have not gotten around to...your hydrangea is gorgeous...i have some too, mine are pink and blue!!!

Marianne said...

Eerlijk gezegd heb ik geen flauw idee wat birds en bonnets panels zijn, maar ze zien er erg leuk uit. Eigenlijk wel een goed idee die challenge om je 'werk'ruimte op te ruimen. Kan ik daar nog aan meedoen want die van mij is een puinhoop (noem het maar gerust een zwart gat).
Groetjes, Marianne

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hello Lili.. sorry I have been such an absent friend of late..
Where does my elusive spare time disappear to..
Thank you for your wise words loyal visit today..
I have posted one Christmas card photo on the post..I daren't put any more otherwise I will upset people.. Christmas is not for June!
It is such a visual feast to visit LiliM... beautiful artwork by talented people..
Hope all is well with you over yonder..
Love
Michelex

vosgesparis said...

Dat swappen zit je in het bloed he Liwien, ik vroeg me net af waar je al die spulletjes toch laat.... maar kijk daar de volgende challenge diende zich aan... een werkkamer voor miss Lili ;)

Fete et Fleur said...

Your panels are wonderful! This was a fun swap! I enjoyed the peep through the keyhole.

Hugs!
Nancy

Natasha Burns said...

Wow a red hydrangea, that's amazing! Love the swap panels, they are fabulous Lili!

Marianne said...

Hoi bedankt voor je reactie op mijn blogje van vandaag. Ik was hem bijna helemaal kwijt. Ik wilde er nog een foto van een pauw aan toevoegen toen in ene bijna alle tekst weg was en ik had geen back up! Maar gelukkig was ik via google reader naar mijn blog gegaan en mijn post stond daar dus nog op het scherm. Ik heb hem dus kunnen redden, maar helaas niet jouw reactie, die is in het grote zwarte gat verdwenen. Ik weet niet wat ik fout heb gedaan. Scary dit kan me dus zo nog eens gebeuren. Anyway ik wilde je even laten weten dat ik je reactie gelezen heb, bedankt en groetjes, Marianne

Anonymous said...

The mail~man has been good to you Lili M. The sun shine down upon you!

xo
Constance

Anonymous said...

what alovely gift, wrapped in a note book of 4 pages each one from different artists!! and all the surprise in your mail box! lucky girl!

i love you hortensias lili!!

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Je maakt me wel nieuwsgierig hoor naar je studio. Is natuurlijk ook wel weer een hele leuke uitdaging, en meteen een stok achter de deur om echt eens alles (zover dat lukt natuurlijk) te ordenen.
Heerlijk is dat he om alles weer eens in handen te hebben en dan te bedenken "dat heb ik ook nog".
De birds and bonnet paneeltjes zijn leuk, de amerikaanse dames zijn goed in dit soort creativiteiten/swaps te verzinnen.
Groetjes Marja

María Elena said...

Lili,beautiful panels! and the red hydrangeas: incredible, you are pretty flowers. Hugs.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Love your gorgeous panels! wow!! what a wonderful swap those girls hosted, they sure do know how to throw a party! lol

Can't wait to see your new craft room, the peeks are stunning.

xoox

linnea-maria said...

Lovely gifts you got! Have a lovely weekend! /linnea-maria

Les Cotrions said...

Hi "donna universale"! I'm Italian and I share most of your interests! I like creative and home decor too! I enjoy your blog and your nice way to approach!
have a sunny week end!
Ciao
Vale

Betty said...

Lili, Oh, can I be a wee bit jealous of the trades with Karla and Beth. We need to do one too! I can't wait to see your studio! I also wanted to thank you for all of the sweet comments you have left me lately! Hugs!

Eva Agnes said...

Lovely things you got sent to you. And only today I found out that you are a Dutch woman. Not American as I thought.Silly me!
I agree with you about midsummer. The days are getting shorter again.
Still we had a wonderful May and I can't complain.
Hugs Eva Agnes

Nancy Malay said...

What a lovely panel, Lili!

I just love hydrangeas, and had no idea they came in red - how beautiful!! Your blog is always a treat to visit - you take great photos!!

Nancy

marga said...

Dat ziet er allemaal weer heel mooi uit. Ook de spulletjes die je hebt gekregen.....heel mooi.
Fijn weekend.

Anja said...

Succes met je Grote Schoonmaak :)
Leuke dingen ook van de Birds and Bonnets actie. Je bent lekker internationaal aan het worden!

Fijn weekend nog!

Holly Loves Art said...

I've enjoying looking through your blog very much. Such wonderful things to see!

All the best,
Holly

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Nou dacht ik toch werkelijk dat ik al gereageerd had bij je... tja na je 40e wordt alles wat minder, zo ook het geheugen! Je hebt leuke panels gekregen, het was weer een geslaagde swap, net als die andere trouwens! Yummie spulletjes hoor, daar weet je vast wel weer raad mee! En oh oh, wat ben ik nieuwsgierig naar je hobbykamer!
Nog een hele fijne zondag!!!!!

Twa said...

wat een geweldige panels! Ik vind ze echt super leuk/mooi. En je andere swapjes zien er ook gezellig uit. ben ook zeer nieuwschierig naar je hobbykamer.