Eventually I couldn't resist her: at a price of 17,50 euro's (usd 26), this taylor dummy that has been altered by a lot of bloggers. Some used the coffee or tea stain method as described in Heather Bullards blog. Elizabeth has altered her Mme Claudette very clever with pieces of linen. I wanted to do something that would change the look of the dummy as if she wasn't made yesterday in the far east, but at least 60 years ago here in Western Europe.
I bought linen at the market (2,50 a meter) and cut it diagonally so I could stretch it and I pinned it on the doll. This isn't easy, it takes a lot of strength actually. Then I have sewn the linen on the doll. First the back, that went really well and afterwards the front;
And as you see I have made the white wooden parts very dark gray.
When I was done, I wanted to stamp something in the neck of the mannequin, but I was afraid that a stamp would ruin it all (not the stamp, but me stamping too hard, too soft etc.) So I took a stick-on alphabet and made these characters black (they were pink) and sticked them up Mademoiselle LiLi's lovely neck.
I wasn't totally happy, because no matter how hard I tried the front stayed a little wrinkly:
Which isn't that bad as I'm going to use her as an inspiration pinboard!
Here she is in my almost reorganized craft room. The dead line has been postponed to July 10th, so you have to be patient a little longer.
I'll end with a garden picture; the blooming Astrantia.
In Dutch 'Zeeuws knoopje' which means 'button from Zealand' in English.
And I happen to have such a button:
I have to say that the flower is maintenance free, the silver button should be polished once in a while...So I'm off...cleaning and polishing, as always hehehe!
Hugs LiLi M. (the living one!)