Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A collection of 23: small tins

Hallo allemaal, vandaag tellen we 23 kleine blikjes. Mmm, wat is klein?, zul je zeggen. Mijn kleine blikjes moeten in speelgoed winkeltjes passen en dan is 6 cm eigenlijk al te groot.
Hello everybody, we are counting 23 small tins today.
Now in LiLi's World 3" is huge, small is 2" or smaller. The tins have to fit in the little toyshops I collect.

This is that big cupboard where I keep most of the toys I've collected. There are 5 small shops in the cupboard. Most of the tins are in the shops.

Here are the shops at random order:
nr. 1 ^my favorite, the dutch grocery shop, about a 100 years old.
Hier zijn de winkeltjes in willekeurige volgorde, nummer 1, mijn favoriet, het nederlandse kruidenierswinkeltje, ongeveer 100 jaar oud.

nr. 2. ^This one from Rotterdam's flea market, there were some fun items included like the cash register with very small coins, the packing rols, the small scales (shop 1), and the weights.
nr. 2 ^Dit winkeltje komt van de vlooienmarkt in Rotterdam, er zaten hele leuke dingetjes bij, zoals een blikken kassa, met piepkleine muntjes, een papierrol, een weegschaaltje (winkeltje 1) en een set met gewichten.

nr. 3.^ This tin one is from ebay USA. I try to collect dutch items only, but sometimes an international item slips through and most of them I put in the American shop.
Nr. 3 dit blikken winkeltje kocht ik op ebay en komt uit de VS. I probeer zoveel mogelijk Nederlandse dingen te verzamelen, maar als er eens iets anders tussendoor slipt stop ik het meestal in het Amerikaanse winkeltje. .

nr. 4.^ This one from Belgium is almost entirely stocked with wooden items. The texts on the items are in Dutch as well as in French.
nr. 4^ Dit winkeltje komt uit België en is bijna helemaal bevoorraad met houten dingetjes. De tekst op de houten blokjes/doosjes en flesjes is zowel in het Nederlands als in het Frans.

nr. 5. This grocery store is from France. The small box 'Le petit epicier/ de kleine kruidenier' was filled with wooden grocery items and belongs to shop nr. 4.
Now did you count 23 tins? Hahaha, only kidding!
Nr. 5. Dit winkeltje komt uit Frankrijk. Het kleine doosje met ''Le petit epicier/ de kleine kruidenier' was gevuld met houten boodschappen en hoort bij winkeltje nr. 4.
En? Heb je 23 kleine blikjes geteld, hihihi, grapje!
Nu heb je van die blikjes die destijds speciaal voor de winkeltjes gemaakt werden. Zoals deze Belgische groente conserven blikjes.
You must have seen some tins that were especially made to play with in the toy shops, like these ^ Belgian preserved vegetables toy tins, or the 'Hero' tins:

These are behind the LiLi blackboard in shop nr. 5, but I turned them for this photo.
Of deze conservenblikjes van Hero, je ziet ze ook in winkeltje 5, maar voor deze foto heb ik ze even gedraaid. 


Today we are counting 23 tins that weren't made especially for the toy shops, but do fit in: voilà:
(There is a quarter and a euro in the left lower corner, for seize reference.)
De 23 blikjes die ik vandaag laat zien zijn geen speelgoedblikjes maar passen qua maat uitstekend in de speelgoedwinkeltjes. ( de euro en het dollarkwartje in de linkerbeneden hoek geven een idee van de maat van de blikjes)

De meeste zijn monster blikjes, oftewel proef verpakkingen, blikjes snuif of waren gevuld met iets medisch.
Most of these are samples, sniffing tins and tins filled with something for medical purpose.
Van links naar rechts: een klein blikje bedoeld om kroontjes pennen in te bewaren, een blikje grammofoon naalden en een automaten/snoep blikje, het laatste is al aan de grote kant voor de speelgoed winkeltjes.
From left to right, a small tin meant for nibs, a tin filled with grammophone needles and an automata/candy tin, the last one is already a tad big for the toy shops.

3 snuff tins (now empty).
3 blikjes snuif (leeg).

Three sample tins: cocoa Driessen, tea and Droste cocoa.
Drie proefblikjes: cacao Driessen, een thee blikje en de bekende Droste cacao.

Another two sample tins.
Nog 2 proefblikjes.

See the text? 'proefdoosje" on the left and 'Gratis monster' on the right? Both mean sample, gratis = free.
Misschien moet je de foto even vergroten om 'proefdoosje' en 'gratis monster' te zien.
En dit zijn allemaal blikjes uit de apotheek.
And these are all apothecary tins.
To me this collection never bores. There is always space for one more!
Mij verveelt deze verzameling niet snel. Het is leuk om op zoek te gaan naar die piepkleine blikjes en er is altijd wel plaats voor nog eentje, bedankt voor je bezoek weer en je commentaar,
Thanks for your visit and your comments, hope to see you soon,
xoxo LiLi

22 comments:

BellaRosa said...

Lili amor, I am almost off to bed, it is just past midnight here and I am going to sleep early...for me lol But I had to come see this post...and I am soo glad that I did because I have it the mother load of tiny things...my heart is just racing looking at all these teeny tiny things...LOVING IT ALL :) Thank you Lili, now I am off to dream of lil bits of beauty! Besos, Rose

Janine said...

Ik zit paff, onvoorstelbaar, jouw verzameling, niet te geloven. Lili, je moet een boek uitbrengen of beter een film maken, jouw huis moet een ganz groots museum zijn.Geweldig die blikjes en andee winkelatributtjes, in een woord, ganz grosse klasse :)) nouja, 3 dan. En in jouw geval mag je die speigel onbedejkt laten, jij mag stralen van trots, om alles wat je ons hier laat zien. Maar pas op he, niet te veel koekeloeren naar jezelf anders wordt je dra seniel, net zoals die vogel die denkt dat die wat anders ziet, ga jij dra nog raten tegen je spiegelbeeld,..... maar misschien doe je dat al??? hahahaha, fijne dag meid, we gaan langzaam naar eht eind hé? :) liefs van mie

Anonymous said...

Deze zijn zoooooo leuk! Wat een prachtige verzameling. Toen ik jong was, gingen we altijd naar de drogist om monstertjes te vragen (gek woord eigenlijk). Tegenwoordig krijg je alleen nog maar van die kleine buisjes (als je überhaupt iets krijgt).
Tot morgen.

PS Hoe vaak wordt bij jou de boel afgestoft?

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Lili....
So far, this collection is my FAVORITE!
Well, I feel like that for all of them but this one IS my favorite!
I love toys and to see all the metal and porcelain and wood all in one cupboard is overwhelming!
I enlarged each and every photo of yours to see all of the sweet details.
You are making antique shop owners very envy of you girl!!!!
I was up early because I couldn't sleep...now I'm all wide eyed and I think I'm going back to look at them again!!!!!!
FABULOUS!!!!

lia said...

Oh gaaf, heb zelf ook een keukentje en winkel. Heb het ooit eens op mijn blog gezet, misschien weet je het nog. Maar die kleine blikjes zijn ook zo gaaf. Heb ooit een monsterblikje gekocht voor 4 euro en die is [schrik niet] 100 euro waard.
Misschien nu minder of nog meer. Die driesse cacao is ook zoiets.
En ik heb ook heel veel medicanale blikjes, maar dan wel van een bepaalde kleur en nederlands.

Heb weer genoten
lieve groet Lia

Lori said...

this is my favorite collection too...i love old tins, and i have never seen any so tiny...your little shops are absolutely adorable, you have so many tiny little worlds there in your cupboard...this is such a wonderful and whimsical collection LiLi...i love it!!!

La Maison said...

Even beschrijven wat ik deed vanmorgen.
Ik open je blog, begin vervolgens te lachen en word steeds vrolijker naarmate ik verder kijk.
Wat is dit smullen Lili. Ik was er wel even mee bezig hoor voordat ik alles goed bekeken had, vergroot en weer terug, en nogmaals vergroot. Zo leuk die kleine blikjes en die winkeltjes mmmmm, vooral dat Nederlandse winkeltje.
Heb je ook een poppenhuis, dat zou ik haast gaan denken.
Gelukkig kan ik iedere verzamelpost nog lezen voor we voor we even naar Frankrijk gaan.
Dat is trouwens ook handig hoor, een huis erbij, kun je ook veel in kwijt;) Bedankt voor je antwoord op mijn vraag en tot morgen.
Een zonnige groet,
Hermine

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

O.K. Lili, each and every entry from NUMBER 1 has enchanted me, but I have to say that THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE. I love toys, and little miniatures that replicate everyday things like cans of food or cash registers and such! The dolls are sweet and every item in its place. I swear Lili, I want to go to your house and play with the toys!!!! Just wonderful, Lili. We are all wondering what is next. Lili, have you ever thought of taking these lovely photographs and making a book on this entire series that you are doing? It would be a fabulous coffee table book where one could get lost in your beautifully organized collection!

Think about it!

Have a beautiful day mon amie! Anita

LW said...

This collection is the best yet, all of your collections have been fun to see but this one is so enchanting and sweet. I adore the tiny tins, the sweet little dolls in the shop, and the extras you have displayed in each little vignette. I enlarged each picture to have a better look and went back and looked some more.
Each is a treasure shop full of things to intrigue.
what a wonderful display..

Louise

Pierelantijntjes said...

Hallo Lili,
Heel de morgen heb ik zitten denken: wat zou Lili ons vandaag laten zien. Dus nu weer thuis, ben ik gelijk gaan kijken en ja, Ademloos zit ik hier. Eigenlijk ben ik gewoon een beetje ontroerd van zoveel moois. En dat meen ik echt! Ik kan zo genieten van deze spulletjes, waar kindertjes vroeger echt mee gespeeld hebben, en dan nu zo goed bij jou zijn terecht gekomen! Wat mooi ook dat die kleine blikjes zo mooi bij die winkeltjes passen.
Vroeger had ik ook een winkeltje, met boodschapjes, weegschaaltje, kassa, noem het maar op. Ik heb er heel wat uren mee gespeeld. Totdat mijn jongere broertje besloot om er (stiekem) een garage van te maken.Echt alles had hij gesloopt. Je begrijpt wel dat ik heel wat tranen gehuild heb toen. Een poos geleden zag ik zo'n winkeltje op marktplaats staan, maar vond het te duur. Heb er eerlijk gezegd ook niet echt plaats voor. ik ga nu snel nogmaals naar je prachtige blikjes en winkeltjes kijken.
Een hele fijne dag verder nog,
Lieve groet van Ester

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

These are FABULOUS! You really are a museum curator! You should charge admission for people to see your lovely collections! =)))

I recognize some of your beautiful vintage tins, as my hubby's grandmother was a world traveler and she collected many tins from Europe on her travels decades ago. =)

Barbara said...

Possibly my most favorite collection ever. Just one of these little shops would have made me happy. Once again, you've outdone yourself.

atelierlemlem said...

Ooh wat leuk! Ik ben helemaal sprakeloos...zulke snoezige winkeltjes heb ik echt nog nooit gezien! (en ik heb toch al honderden rommelmarkten afgesnuffeld..). Een heel mooie verzameling, je komt bijna in de verleiding om winkeltje te gaan spelen...
Groetjes mama lieveheersbeestje.

Miss Marple said...

Echt ongeloofelijk hoe je dit volhoudt...en dan al die verzamelingen...Ik wordt er echt stil van!
Hele lieve groetjes - Irma

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Hello my Sweet Lili,
OMG!!! I want every one.Thes are fantasic tins.My daughter and I love old tins. I love the shops in your cupard.I can't get over them.
You always have something special to show.
Thank you Dear friend for your comments.You made my day.I know I have not been able to post are visit to much.I'm trying to get with the program ,but I have slowed down to a crawl.I'll improve..you'll see...LOL. That damn doll took me over a month to make.It would normally have took about 3 days.But I did finish. I did enjoy makeing the littlehats.I make another kind,but this one is much better for the ladies to wear.
I have not heard anything about the dolls yet...but they do still have both my dolls. Its going on nearly a year,so I do have some hope.I just don't think they would keep something as big as my dolls are if they weren't interested...Do you think.Any way we will see.
Remember the show last year that Grabriela Delworth put on? I was one of her featured guess...along with a few others? WEll her feature got picked up by the Artful Blogging Mag.Acording to her we all will be in that Mag. on May 1. Now is that not a kick in the butt!!! Have not got my others in Artdoll,but got a doll in a sister Mag. off handly.With my luck...LOL I will get left out by some reason or another.
We'll see.
May God bless you Lili,
XXOO Marie Antionette

Jeanette Nord said...

Thought for a moment that I had died and come to tin heaven! Envy, envy, envy is filling my body with it`s gall green poison...I want them, all 23 of them. CRAVINGS! Can you see me stretch out my hand through cyberspace....Beware!

LoL
Jeanette

Unknown said...

I am drooling! Those tins are unique and just LOVELY! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes for my Nonna!

Sandy xox

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Lili, your collection is fabulous! I am so envious! Twyla

June said...

Lili I have never seen anything as cute as all these little shops! I don't think I've ever seen these before. Do they exsist in the US? or was I just deprived as a child.lol I think I should have loved playing with these for hours on end when I was little. Your tins are so sweet. I also LOVE the cupboard that all your toys are sitting in, It's lovely.
hugs

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Oh my goodness, LiLi! I've never been into collecting toys but when I see this gorgeous collection, I could get tempted! All the little tins, household items and store fittings are so cute! I could start playing right away :-).
Hugs,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!
My heart is going mad!!!!
It is much too much BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! ♥

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Echt ik zit hier een beetje te kwijlen achter mijn computer. Mens waar haal je het allemaal vandaan ??
Geweldig !!!!!