Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A collection of nine: bottles



Today we have 9 bottles. Voor vandaag hebben 9 flesjes.


click to enlarge the photo- klik op de foto voor een vergroting. 
All nine bottles are cosmetic bottles, except for the greenish one which was used for lineseed oil.
I have much more than 9 bottles. Bottles are cheap and fun. I sometimes decorate with wine bottles, a flower in each bottle on the row and you have a decoration. I once had 18 smoothies (not at one time though), to use the bottles with colored water. Mmm that was before vitamin water even existed. I brought wine from France selected because of the bottle shape. I am no wine connaisseur, so what better criteria do you have? Sometimes I even have to drag myself to the glass container ;-).

Alle 9 flessen zijn flesjes van geurtjes, behalve de groenige, daar heeft lijnzaadolie in gezeten.

Ik heb veel meer dan 9 flessen. Ik vind flessen leuk, ze zijn lekker goedkoop en je kunt er van alles mee. Ik decoreer wel met flessen. Ik gebruik  soms wijnflessen om losse bloemen in te doen. Ik heb ook wel eens 18 smoothie flesjes gevuld met gekleurd water. Bij aankoop van wijn let ik vaak ook op de fles. Ik ben helemaal geen kenner, dus waarom niet? Ik moet eerlijk zeggen dat ik wel eens met enige aarzeling naar de glasbak ga.



This little fellow was dug up and sold to me for 50 cents at that secret address, hehehe. Okay, at the carboot sale in Hoek van Holland. This was a childrens 'perfume' bottle.
Dit olijke ventje werd opgegraven en aan mij verkocht voor maar 50 cent, op dat geheime adresje hihihi, op de carboot sale in Hoek van Holland bedoel ik. Het is zo'n flesje waar een luchtje voor kinderen in zat.


This one, an eau de cologne bottle was dug up in our garden, when you look carefully you can see the typical iridescent glaze of dug up glass.
Dit eau de cologne flesje werd in onze tuin opgegraven. Als je goed kijkt zie je het iriserende waas, dat typerend is voor opgegraven glaswerk.

Mmm, wat moet je nou toch weer met al die flessen?

Now what to do with these bottles?
Most of the small ones are waiting to be embellished in my craftroom:


Een aantal wacht rustig af tot ze versierd en/of gevuld worden in mijn knutselkamertje.
I used this tiny one complete with even smaller glass plug in my last tag swap:

Deze piepkleine met ienie mienie glazen stopje gebruikte ik in mijn laatste swap.

En deze oude fles gevuld met Ajax staat in de badkamer, direct binnen handbereik, je zou denken dat schoonmaken mijn hobby is LOL.


And I filled this one with detergent, it is in the bath room. I like this way better than a plastic bottle of Ajax detergent, and it is very convenient like this. Ha you would say that cleaning is my hobby lol!


In een hoekje van de slaapkamer heb ik een portfles versierd en gevuld met strijkwater staan. Ik heb dit soort flessen ook cadeau gedaan, maar dan doe ik wel even een goede kurk op de fles en bind de schenktuit gewoon om de hals van de fles.
This is a corner of my bedroom. I always iron up here and I keep the scented iron water in the port bottle on which I glued a scrap. I have given bottles like this, closed with a cork, the pouring tool tied with a rope or a lovely ribbon on the bottle, as presents.

Hope you feel yourself a glass collector when you look in your bin with glass for the recycling container today! Thanks for your visit, your comments and your presence, hugs LiLi M.

Als je vandaag bij jouw glas voor de glasbak kijkt voel je je misschien ook wel ineens een glasverzamelaar! Bedankt voor je komst, je commentaar. Ik hoop je morgen weer te zien, xoxo LiLi M.

25 comments:

Janine said...

Goeiesmorgens madame Lili, ik ben nummer 111111111111111111, en ik kom je aanmoedigen zoals beloofd.
Hoch Lili, Hoch Lili, hoch Lili, hoch lili, hoch lili…………………. Genug so? 
9 dus, ik kan je vertellen dat ik vandaag de nummerik 9 aanreik, das namlich meine zahl, de heremiet, telt dat ook een beetje mee? ;)
Ze zijn weer prachtig die flesjes, echt waar ik kan het alleen blijven herhalen, ik wil wel eens muisje spelen in jouw huis, maak er een boek van meid, of beter een soap, je wordt stinkend rijk dat kan ik je zeggen, hahahahhaa
meid tot morn, doei liefs van mie

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi LiLi, Glass bottles, yeahhh! I love them too and always watch out for vintage ones at flea markets. When we go grocery shopping I try to find bottles that have an interesting shape to create something when they are empty. Your bottles are very pretty! The children's perfume bottle is so cute and what a great deal! The detergent looks indeed so much better in a lovely bottle than in a plastic one.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Julia

Pink Princess said...

Meestal gebruik ik koffiemelk uit pakken maar zo heel af en toe haal ik het bij onze buurtsuper en daar zijn van die lieve kleine kofiemelk flesjes :) Die bewaar ik allemaal en doe er in de zomer bloemetjes in uit de tuin enzo. Kijk niet in de glasbak want die hebben we niet op t durp lol. Maar die kleine melk flesjes...ja lief. Die van jou zijn ook mooi (en ja sommige wijnflessen zijn te mooi om weg te gooien hihi ;) )

Marianne said...

Kijk dat herken ik nou! Ik heb inmiddels ook al heel wat flessen en flesjes verzameld! Zo zie je maar dankzij jouw geweldige serie kom ik er steeds meer achter dat mijn zelfbeeld niet klopt en dat ik eigenlijk ook stiekem een verzamelaar ben (en dat ik dat nu juist ga ontdekken nu de nummers omhoog gaan).
Die kleine flesjes zijn toch wel favoriet! Ben benieuwd hoe je ze gaat revampen Lili style.

Pierelantijntjes said...

Hoi Lili,
Wat een schattige flesjes zijn het. Ik heb even het plaatje vergroot hoor. Ook de eifeltoren is super. ik heb afgelopen kerst koffiemelkflesjes versierd met kant en poesieplaatjes en daar olielampjes van gemaakt. En mijn man heeft al menig oud inktpotje opgegraven op zijn werk. Helaas hebben we die weer weggedaan. Ik bewaar bijna alles maar soms doe ik toch iets weg, je weet wel, (ruimtegebrek)en dan krijg ik weer spijt. Zucht. (Sorry mijn reacties worden steeds langer zie ik)
Nou tot morgen hoor!!
Fijne dag, groetjes van Ester

Loveforpiemonte said...

Ik hou ook van flesjes en flessen. Weet nog dat ik vaak naar Friesland ging en daar de melkboer verse melk kwam brengen ook in flessen, door de eenvoud vond ik dat toen al prachtig. Leuk ook dat flesje opgegraven uit de tuin.
Groetjes Madelon

Lululiz said...

My goodness, there is even an Eiffel Tower glass bottle, how fun is that!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Lili!! I LOVE THAT CHILD'S PERFUME BOTTLE THE MOST! And then your little white cabinet is so darling; I have one just like it with mini books and dolls and ribbons. Oh what fun this is; I can't wait to see what you have for 10!!

Bisous my friend, Anita

Lori said...

that little perfume bottle is too cute...hubby unearthed...literally...a few old bottle in our basement a while ago...there is a section down there that is all dirt...they are HUGE though...i wish they had been smaller, so i could display them better...they really are so big, i don't have a good spot for them...

LW said...

I just knew you had to do a post on bottles…
They are a must for any true collector.
I too adore bottles, but tiny bottles are by far my favorite.
I just love your children’s perfume bottle and a detergent bottle is a very clever idea.
I must say I have been slacking on my cleaning hobby to do other hobbies I enjoy more.

Louise

María Elena said...

Hi Lili, I just read your project completely, congratulations for your idea. I have enjoyed watching the treasures you have.
Hugs.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Lili,
I'm enjoying your collection month so much!
This must be a lot of work for you to gather your collections, photograph them and write about them but it sure is delightful and worth every minute to me!
I love your bottles and I love the way you use re-use them in beautiful ways! The linen water and the detergent bottles are beautiful, you did a great job in decorating them!!!
Love it!!!

Miss Marple said...

Hé, ik zie nu pas je verschillende verzamelingen. Die flesjes zijn wel ontzettend mooi, maar ook de naaldenboekjes hebben het me aangedaan!
Hartstikke leuk! - Irma

The French Bear said...

I love all your bottles, so cute!!!! I must say I do love the egg cups too, what great collections you have. Just the right amounts of things to have too if you ask me!!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Anonymous said...

Hihi, jij bewaart echt heel veel hè. Ik ben bang dat ik al een heleboel mooie flesjes in de glasbak gegooid heb. Had ik misschien toch beter niet kunnen doen zie ik nou.

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Hè, hè, ik ben weer helemaal bij hoor, met al die super geweldige verzamelingen van je! Ik geloof dat het haasjes eierdopje m'n favoriet is, samen met het lieve kinderparfumflesje. Maar ik heb zoveel gezien, dat ik het niet allemaal meer weet hoor (jaja, ben inmiddels ook een jaartje ouder, is wel te merken, hahaha!!!!). Ik heb weer genoten, tot hoever ga je eigenlijk? Volgens mij kun jij wel een hele maand vullen met verzamelingen!
Tot nr 10!
Groetjes Elly

Monica said...

Love your bottles, Lili! I have just purchased some pretty ones... I have them displayed with dried roses, can't wait for the garden flowers to bloom!
What fabulous collections you're sharing over here- many thanks for all the time and work involved in this blog project. I enjoy seeing them very much!
Have a nice evening,
Monicax.

lia said...

Erg leuk Lili. Glas doet het ook altijd goed in ieder interieur. En dat verzamelkastje van je is ook een beauty.

tot morgen

Fete et Fleur said...

I have to tell you, I have been totally into recycled bottles lately. A wonderful and inexpensive way to decorate. Love yours!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

I like your Eiffel Tower glass bottle, your Drink Me, and the childrens perfume bottle! This is a lovely collection! and I like your bedroom's wallpaper very much also!

La Maison said...

Hi Lili,

Vandaag was ik een dagje shoppen met mijn oudste dochter en ja, nu ben ik dus achter met lezen.
Bij jou dus flesjes vandaag en ik zie je mannetje, zo'n flesje had ik als kind, er zat een groenig geurtje in met een beetje weeë lucht, ik was er heel blij mee (toen).
En ja hoor, ik kan ook vandaag gewoon meedoen met de collectie van 9. Is dat erg of grappig?

Hermine

June said...

Lili I'm squealing over that paper in your bedroom again. I can't get enough of it. Oh yes, the bottles. Well I love bottles and you are a genius to put detergent in pretty bottles. I may just have to use that idea too. Your collection of cosmetic bottles is lovely and I love the bottle dug up in the garden. Those are the best finds ever.
hugs

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Ohhh I love the glass bottles! Such a pretty collection... I can't help but think how pretty glitter would be in those! lol!!!

Have a great week., xo Heather

BellaRosa said...

Amor, I am just overwhelmed with your collections...they are just beautiful! I love lass bottles and have some tiny ones for perfume, I got at a swapmeet with my aunt & uncle...I think I got 15 bottles and a few tiny frames for about $12 I thought that was soo much money at that time..they had to talk me into buying them lol now everytime I look at them I smile, because my dear uncle is gone, much too young, but he knew I loved them and wanted me to have them...so much so that I after I paid for them...as we left, with his hug, he stuck what I paid for them in my jacket pocket without me knowing, till I got home :) I really love your bottles that you glued the scraps on, they are lovely! Well...I better go get some sleep or my next comment might not make any sense at all :) Besos, Rose

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Wist niet dat ik zover achterliep met reageren. Ik heb je posts wel gelezen maar was even de inspiratie kwijt om te reageren.
Maar ik hoop dat ik het zo een beetje heb goedgemaakt.
Mooie flesjes!!!