Friday, March 5, 2010

A collection of five: silhouettes


What? Silhouettes? Mmm what do you think? 
Wat? Silhouetten...mmm wat is dat nu voor verzameling? 




In my last post I showed you 4 exactly the same things as a collection, but in my idea of collecting a collection can be 5 totally different one themed items too.
How many? Apart from these 5 I have a few books with silhouettes. 
First: It all started with the card board candy box, but I cannot remember when or where I bought that, probably early 90ties. 
Last: the square tin, at the carboot sale autumn 2009.
Why? When swapping with Kitty Custer ( I thought of you swap) I was trying to find some silhouette items. Apart from some bookpages and the stamp from Eline Penninkhof , which I used for making tags,  I couldn't find anything. As always you'll find them when you don't need them anymore, but I kind of liked them myself.
And now? I'm prepared for another swap, lol!

 
I even bought another silhouette candybox for a swap! 

In mijn laatste post liet ik jullie een verzameling van 4 exact dezelfde dingen zien, maar in mijn beleving van verzamelen kun je ook totaal verschillende dingen hebben in 1 verzameling met 1 thema, in dit geval dus het silhouet.
Hoeveel? Behalve deze 5 dingen heb ik ook nog wat boeken met silhouet prenten.  

Eerste? Het rechter kartonnen bonbon doosje dat je hierboven ziet. Ik heb geen idee meer waar en wanneer ik dat gekocht heb. Ergens begin jaren '90 vermoed ik. 
Laatste: Het vierkante gouden trommeltje op de car boot sale in Hoek van Holland, afgelopen najaar. 
Waarom? Toen ik aan de 'I thought of you swap' mee deed heb ik voor Kitty Custer gezocht naar deze silhouet items, maar toen kon ik er geen vinden, behalve wat boekprenten. Wat labels, zelfgemaakt met de stempels van Eline Pellinkhof  kon ik haar natuurlijk ook sturen. Zoals dat altijd gaat zie je dan ineens weer van alles als je het niet meer nodig hebt, toen vond ik het zelf eigenlijk ook wel leuk. 
En nu? Ben ik helemaal klaar voor een volgende swap! Ik heb er zelfs al een snoepdoosje voor gekocht! 

Hope to see you tomorrow! Hopelijk tot morgen xoxo LiLi M.     

18 comments:

Caroline said...

Wat een prachtige verzameling van 5 ! Stuk voor stuk hele mooie vondsten.
Prettige dag en morgen kom ik weer kijken naar je zestal ;-)
Groeten Caroline

Anonymous said...

I love Silhouettes! it reminds me when i was 10yo. I have had my silhouette done Place du Tertre, in Paris :)

Janine said...

zo die andere 2 hierboven staan nog vroeger op dan ik, om jouw te mogen begroeten :)) Goeiemorgeeeeeeeee, oke, 5, erg mooie hoor die silhout dingen, en waar je het weer vandaa haalt, en gelijk heb je, het is wel een verzameling vind ik. Ik most ff goed denken, maar ik heb ook een verzamling van 5!!! let op....... tromgerfoffel........ IK HEB 5 BADOLIE'S!!!! Nou, knap hé, vind je niet:)))) Fijne dag meid, de grusse von mir, ik gao in bad!! :))

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Alweer zo leuk. En nee deze ben ik nog niet tegengekomen. Of misschien niet zo op gelet. Dat ga ik vanaf nu dus doen.
Terwijl ik deze reactie plaats ben ik alweer aan het denken waar ik er 5 van heb.
Dat heb je er in ieder geval mee bereikt. Anders kijken naar wat je allemaal hebt. Maar dat had ik geloof ik al eerder gemeld.

groetjes en tot snel.

Pierelantijntjes said...

Hallo Lili,
Wat een prachtige spulletjes met silhouet afbeeldingen laat je ons weer zien. Ik ben ook dol op silhouetten. Heb vorig jaar op een rommelmarkt een origineel knipwerkje gekocht met een afbeelding van 2 kindertjes en een hertje.( Voor 50 cent!) Ook heb ik een boekje met rijmpjes en silhouetten . Zo leuk, jij brengt met jou serie verzamelingen, heel veel herinneringen naar boven.
Tot morgen,
Groetjes van Ester

Rostrose said...

Dearest LiLi!
I love this idea / way of sharing your collections with us! And your silhouettes are extremely pretty - I also like silhouettes, but have no collection, just the 3 postcards of my mothers cousin and a (new) easter-egg with the (brown) silhouette of a rabbit...
Hugs - Traude

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh dear, Lili, you never cease to amaze me with the extension of your collectables and the quality of each one! MORE!

Anita

Anonymous said...

Ja leuk, ik vind ze ook heel mooi. Ben ook gek op camee's, dat zijn eigenlijk ook silhouetten toch. Ik heb een paar sites in Amerika gezien, daar kun je van je foto een silhouette print laten maken voor aan de muur of op briefpapier en ik speel toevallig al een tijdje met de gedachte om dat te gaan doen.
Tot morgen,
Natacha

Heidi said...

Hé L, wat ben jij druk met je verzamelingen, tot hoever ga je door...dat kan nog wel even duren voordat jij klaar bent met je hobbykamer en kelder door te spitten!

En dank je wel voor je felicitatie, toch leuk om te zien hoever je het kunt schoppen met de plakopleiding van de kleuterschool!
Ik moet er altijd aan denken dat je zoiets zei! haha

groetjes Heidi

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

BEAUTIFUL silhouettes! I don't own a single one... perhaps I should start! Your's are quite lovely!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I love your pretty silhouette items, LiLi! Especially the round tin and the candy boxes caught my eye!
Have a great evening!
Hugs,
Julia

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Lili!
Love your collection of 5 silhouettes. I've been kind of saying I have a collection at 2 things lately. hehehe Those candy boxes are beautiful! I'm loving the square tin also. Have a fantastic weekend!
-Karoline

La Maison said...

Hallo Lili,
Helaas was ik wat achter met lezen maar nu ben ik weer bij.
Je verzamelingen worden steeds spannender, leuk hoor.
Ik vind het echt een heel origineel idee van je en je bouwt de spaning lekker op.
Tot morgen,

Hermine

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

OOOOHHH! I love silhouettes. Love that candy box, Lili. Just gorgeous! You have quite the collections. And I love this fun way you are showing your collections. Ingenious! Sorry I haven't been by. Life has gotten in the way a bit. But, I am back. Hoping you and your family are fine and winter is starting to wane. Snow is melting here. Birds are starting to sing their spring songs. Hope you have a great weekend,

Kitty

June said...

Lili I have loved silhouettes ever since I was a little girl. My second grade teacher did silhouettes of our class and then we made them into gifts for our mothers on Mother's day. I wonder where that went? I love every one I see and I certainly do love yours.
hugs

Boxwood Cottage said...

Gorgeous collection LiLi!
I love silhouttes!
Sadly I'm running out of silhouettes to swap, because I did 3 swaps where I send silhouettes along lately, otherwise I would have been so in to swap with you!
Did you get snow again too yesterday? It's all white again here but with a gorgeous blue sky.
Hopefully spring is just lurking behind the next corner!
xoxo, Carola

LW said...

So Pretty, I love all five.

Louise

Barbara said...

Have you ever seen Hall silhouette china? You really need to collect it. (How much could shipping across the ocean cost?)