Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A collection of two: friendship albums


Is 2 a collection? No, I don't think so, but two might be the start of a collection. 


What? 2 friendship albums - 2 poezie albums (geen uitleg nodig toch?) 
I don't know whether these are common in anglo saxon countries, but I think these are known in every Western European country on the continent. Children get these albums when they are about 8. They give such an album to a friend or a relative who writes a rhyme in it. Sometimes people make real poems but often it is only an ordinary quite common rhyme. The right page is used for the rhyme, the left page is for the scraps, which makes these albums collectible, in my opinion.

Nowadays children have friendship books that are printed with questions like: favorite song, I hate to eat, my favorite color...etc. which is perhaps more interesting than those silly rhymes.

How many? Now that I think of it I have 3, I have mine from the 60-ties too! 
First: I bought the left one on Ebay Germany a couple of years ago. When buying an album on ebay you have to check very carefully if there are more pages with scraps. The more scraps the more valuable the album, of course the quality of the scraps is important too. 
Last: The left one was a lucky find at the flea market in Rotterdam in about 2007, so this is Dutch, which is more fun to me than German! 
Why? I just love old scraps. Ever since I was a small child. I even kept some of my scraps of that time, they are vintage now LOL! But what do you do with your antique and vintage scraps? Just save them? For what? That is why I am fond of these kind of albums, you can put them somewhere and show the beautiful scraps. 
Now what? I would love to have more!  But I am an accidental collector when it comes to these albums. 
Anything else? I would love to make such a friendship page on my blog as a part of a challenge when I have finished the 31 collections. If you would join me we could print these pages and you would have your own blog friendship book. Anyone interested? You'll hear more about this in due course. 




Hoeveel? Ik heb er 2 'verzameld' maar ik heb ook die van mezelf nog dus 3! 
Eerste? De mijne lol! En daarna de linker, gekocht op het duitse ebay ergens rond 2005. 
Laatste? De rechter (duuuh) op de Rotterdamse markt tegenaan gelopen voor een prikkie. Nederlands is toch leuker dan Duits! 
Waarom? Zo lang ik me kan herinneren vind ik die plaatjes zo leuk! Ik heb er zelfs nog bewaard uit 'mijn' tijd, inmiddels vintage lol! Bewaard voor wat? Ja, dat ligt nou altijd moeilijk en daarom vind ik zo'n album zo leuk: dat leg je ergens open neer en genieten maar van het oude handschrift en de sfeervolle pagina's. 
Hoe nu verder? Lekker door verzamelen! Maar ik wacht gewoon tot ik er nog eens tegen eentje aanloop! 
Anders nog iets? Terwijl ik hiermee bezig was leek het me zo leuk om zelf eens zo'n pagina voor een vriendschapsalbum te maken, in oude stijl natuurlijk. Als we dat met een aantal mensen doen zou je die pagina's kunnen printen en heb je op die manier een soort van blog poezie album. Lijkt me grappig, jou ook? Ik kom hier na mijn 31 verzamelingen nog op terug! 

Thanks for your visit, bedankt voor je bezoek, xoxo LiLi M. 

26 comments:

Pink Princess said...

Prachtig zijn ze he?? Ja ik heb er zelf dus ook 3, lol. Mijn oudste is die van mijn moeder en het eerste versje erin, van mijn opa en oma, is dus uit 1930. ECHT Vintage en een familiestukje. De andere 2 zijn van mezelf, gekregen op mijn 5e verjaardag ofzo, dus eigenlijk ook vintage waahoe.
Ben blij dak ze nog heb ook al valt die van mam wel een beetje uitelkaar
Leuk idee trouwens van zo'n blog album.mmmmm

Marja Rijnsburger said...

Kom ik er nu toch achter dat ik ook een verzameling van 1 heb. Ik heb namelijk maar 1 poeziealbum.
In ieder geval lukt het je wel om eens anders naar je verzamelingen te kijken.
Ga ik nu op zoek naar 2.
groetjes en ben alweer nieuwsgierig naar morgen.

Anonymous said...

Ik heb de mijne ook nog, alleen wààr?

Janine said...

nou meid, je houdt goed vol, ben benieuwd hoe lang? :))))) Ik heb de mijne ook nog, ik heb er eentje met zo'n plastik kaft 'blehhhh';p maar ik mot ook ff zoeken hoor. enniewei, ik doe wel mee met je boek, na die 31 dagen ding. :)) veel plezier meid, wij hebben in elk geval plezier om het te lezen. :))) doeiiiiiiiiiiiiii, liefs van mie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Lili, this is a wonderful thing you are doing here! You are so creative! I love where you are going as well; will 3 be the next number? Shall the number of the counting be 3? (Monty Python, HOly Grail...:))

I just have to have one of those friendship books! Those are just darling. They look like the books that I am creating from scratch, binding them myself. Now to just get that vintage look of the old pages!

Very lovely and magical post, Lili my dearest!

Bon mardi! Anita

Lululiz said...

Your post brought back so many memories for me. I was born and grew up in Germany and of course I had a "Poesie Album", every school girl had one of those. Family would always be the first to enter a poem or a saying, then friends and school mates. And you always reserved pages for your teachers. Some pages were decorated with scraps, others with little hand drawn designs. My most precious page is the one my grandmother wrote, with photographs of her and my grandfather on the page.

Pierelantijntjes said...

Ik heb er drie. Twee van mezelf en de derde gekregen van mijn schoonvader die had hij gevonden tussen rommelmarkt spullen. De eerste versjes komen uit 1921.
Ik ben DOL op poeziealbums en op de plaatjes. Ik wil best meedoen hoor met zo'n Blog poeziealbum. Lijkt me heel leuk!
Fijne dag,
Groetjes van Ester

Lori said...

wonderful albums LiLi...the whole concept is wonderful...and you are right, what a great way to use your scraps instead of tucking them away into a box or drawer...i like your idea about a blog album, i would participate for sure!!!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What a lovely idea these friendship books are and a beautiful collection you have

Victoria xx

LW said...

Blog friendship book ...
I'm IN.....

Love this idea, Love this post.

Louise

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

I love the idea about a blog friendship book! What fun!

I LOVE your albums! They are hard to find here unless I go to ebay (and even then the prices can go very high).

Pamela Jane said...

I've often wondered what the German scrap stickers were meant for. I once saw an old scrap book with pages and pages of these scrap stickers pasted in, although without any poems. It seemed someone simply loved collecting the German scrap! :) The friendship book is a lovely idea.

June said...

Lili I had little friendship albums that I had all my friends sign when I was a young girl. I probably had three or four with their signatures in them. We called them autograph albums. I don't know whatever happened to mine. Wish I had them now. You have collected a couple of beautiful ones there. I wonder if mine are sitting somewhere in someone's collections.
hugs

June said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your Victorian scraps are beautiful! I love that era. I think the idea of your book is wonderful, too! Have a great week! Twyla

Fete et Fleur said...

I am intrigued dear, LiLi. I have never collected these, but I have seen them. My favorite are the kind with Spencerian writing in them.

Hugs!
Nancy

lia said...

Mooi maar, snif snif.... Ik ben die van mij kwijt. BALEN

Tot morgen

BellaRosa said...

Lili amor, I love friendship journals...I used to keep one like this when I was a young girl visiting Mexico in the summer, my cousins & friends would put in lovely "love" poems and draw little pictures and sometimes add stickers...nothing as beautiful as this...I think some are even Hello Kitty stickers :) But I still have that book and look through it...because I love to "remember" such happy times from my youth :)

You know Lili for some reason when ever I see you have left me a comment or I see your name on a comment on someone elses blog as I am leaving my own, it always think ahhh "Darling Lili" and it makes me smile...I am wondering if I heard this in an old movie? I have watched so many in my lifetime :) But I also wanted to thank you for your visit and comment, but that beautiful cup is not mine...it is Mira's of Belle Blanc, I am hoping to be able to post mine later today, even if I am too late to the giveaway, I still want to take part :) Have a beautuful day, darling Lili :) Besos, Rose

Caroline said...

Bedankt voor je bezoekje aan mijn blog vandaag, mijn mooie en functionele kast is inmiddels ingericht met mijn verzameling hobbyspullen. (1 verzameling van heel veel spullen).
Ik ben weer benieuwd waar je morgen mee komt. Het zet me wel aan het denken hoor jouw stukjes, ik dacht dat ik geen verzameling van 1 had maar gisteren zag ik mijn collecters Barbie in doos in de kast staan, oh ja, daar heb ik er 1 van, dat is mijn verzameling van 1 Barbie. Het zouden er meer kunnen worden maar het is er al jaren 1 en nog steeds keurig in de doos.
Groeten Caroline

Anonymous said...

Beautiful albums!!!! I love them!!!!

De Ruijsbroekjes said...

Hoi Lilly, ik ben ook dol op deze mooie poezie albums..en..ik heb er ook 2, wow wat een verzameling he hahaha. De eerst is van mijzelf..dus redelijk modern uit de 70er jaren en de andere is van mijn oma...ergens uit 1919, erg leuk ook! Ik ben er voor in hoor om zo'n pagina te maken, lijkt me super leuk !

linnea-maria said...

Oh they are gorgeous! I used to have some of these as a child myself. One with those common rhymes (we had swedish ones :) ) and one of those commercial with ready printed questions. Fun to read. Wish I had them saved. Hugs /linnea-maria

corry said...

Prachtig die oude albums. Ik heb er nog 1 van vroeger ergens in een doos. Moet toch eens gaan zoeken!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Lili, I love this. One of my good friends sent me one from the early 1900's...I could have fainted! I love it so and knowing you have one from when you were a little girl is just even more touching!!! I didn't know they existed until I read up on them...they are just precious. We don't have those here...they are a treasure indeed.
It's only day 2 of your collections and I am so in love with everything you've shown us so far :)

The French Bear said...

Count me in!!! I think we should do this, they are so lovely. I wonder where a person can find them now? I will have to go and have a look, of course they won't be as beautiful as yours. The old original ones are the best!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi LiLi, Yes, I had one when I was a little girl but I have no idea what had happened to it. I'm not sure though if there were any scraps in it. The older ones seem to be more beautiful anyway. 100 years ago even the children had a nicer handwriting and the old scraps are more charming too.
Hugs,
Julia