Saturday, March 27, 2010

A collection of 27: corks


On the 27th of March we have 27 corks:
Op 27 maart hebben we 27 kurken:

I just like these^ kind of photos, here is the gathering of 27:
Ik ben dol op dit^ soort foto's, maar hier zijn dan de 27:

Mmm 27 or even more corks, why should anyone have those?
To tell you the truth I just cannot stop. First I kept them for my cousin, who wanted to decorate with corks, after that I saw a cork wreath back in 2002 and started saving corks for 2 large wreaths, as I have two front doors. And this is the result:
Mmm 27 of zelfs wat meer kurken, waarom zou iemand zoveel kurken hebben?
Om je de waarheid te vertellen, ik kan gewoon niet meer ophouden. Eerst bewaarde ik ze voor mijn brocante nichtje die ze wilde hebben om mee te decoreren. Vervolgens zag ik ergens in 2002 een mooie kurkenkrans en bedacht dat het wel leuk zou zijn om er 2 te maken, voor op elke voordeur 1. Dit is het resultaat:

In plaats van dit:

courtesy of tuinadvies , een beschrijving vind je hier.
In stead of this^!

Like studying, when you're indulging in corks they are quite beautiful and interesting and you keep wondering how many corks have different looks.
Toch als je al die kurken eens goed bekijkt verbaast het je hoeveel verschillende er zijn en ook hoe mooi ze zijn.

This^ is my favorite! I could have counted this with the angels, I didn't know there was such a thing as an angel cork.
Dit^ is mijn favoriet. Ik kan deze nog bij mijn engeltjes rekenen. Ik wist niet eens dat er een engel kurk bestond.

Maybe I should save more corks until I have enough to make this^.
The photo is from the book"creative with cork", which was released after the Dutch cult series on tv in 1993. Those were very funny, too bad I cannot share the series with you.
Misschien moet ik nog even doorsparen totdat ik genoeg kurken heb om dit^ te maken.
Deze foto is uit 'Kreatief met Kurk", het boek uitgebracht na de hilarische kult tv serie met Arjan Ederveen en Tosca Niterink in 1993.

Of course I have something cork from my paternal grandmother too. According to my father she made this^. A hollow cork with a matching lid, looks just like a cork.
Geen verzamelpost zonder een bijdrage van mijn oma van vaderskant. Zij zou de maker zijn van deze holle kurk met deksel met daarin de benen dobbelsteentjes, ook door haarzelf gemaakt, als we mijn vader mogen geloven. Vroeger was natuurlijk alles schaars en speelgoed al helemaal. Je ziet dat nu nog in derde wereld landen.

Inside of the cork are a few dice, of bone, which were made by my grandmother as well, according to my father. Of course she made this when toys were scarce. I have seen those on flea markets and at first I was surprised. I thought that only my grandmother would have made such a hollow cork.
Thanks for your visit and your ever cheering comments, have a great weekend, I'll be preparing my last post and of course I will be thinking of you,
Bedankt voor jullie bezoek weer en voor jullie inspirerende en stimulerende commentaren. Ik wens iedereen een fijn weekend, ik zal de laatste post gaan voorbereiden en daarbij aan jullie denken,
xoxo LiLi M.

19 comments:

Janine said...

ja zo'n zitkussen, das leuk gewoon ff doorgaan, zou het wel lekker zitten? Die van oma en opa vind ik natuurlijk weer eht leukst ;) enniewei, ik kijk vanaf nu natuurjlijk weer met andere ogen naar de kurken, wat jij niet allemaal te weeg brengt, fijn weekend meid, liefs van Janine

Caroline said...

Wat een enorme voorraad kurken heb je ! Ja, ze zijn inderdaad erg mooi als je ze goed bekijkt. En de uitgeholde kurk is zo mooi gedaan, wat leuk om dat te bezitten. Ik ben niet verder gekomen dan dunne plakjes te snijden, wat doorzichtige kit erop en daarop wat roze/witte of blauw/witte muisjes plakken, dan lijkt het net een beschuitje en die plakte ik dan weer op mijn babykaarten.
Prettige zaterdag ! Ik ga zo even rommelen in het verzorgingshuis hier vlakbij, ze hebben een rommelmarkt en wie weet scoor ik nog wat leuks !
Groeten Caroline

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I love your picture with the gathered corks! It could be published in a Gourmet or Wine magazine or book! Unfortunately more and more artificial corks are used but it's even worse when wine bottles come with a screw cap. Your hollow cork is cute and I love the sweet little dices.
Have a great weekend, dear LiLy!
Hugs,
Julia

Anonymous said...

Some of them are really nice! The wreath is gorgeous! Your grandmother is incredible, what an amazing work! how did she drilled that perfect hole ? ⚀ ⚁ ⚂ ⚅

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

BONJOUR LILI!

This is enchanting....I love how you personalize everything, Lili. The last item, made by your grandmother, is just endearing and speaks of a time of your familie's and cultural history. To see one vintage cork would be interesting, but when you see a large collection of these beautifully designed pieces, you begin to wonder about the past and who used them for what purpose, and where! What kind of parties did these pop into when someone opened the bottle....just gorgeous. Lili, this has been a masterpiece of a series. And....thank you for coming and squeezing into my little theatre!! HEHHEHE! I am silly, but how I love theatre, animals, miniatures, fairytales,......what can I say but MERCI MILLE FOIS!

GROSSES BISES, Anita

Marianne said...

Dat je nog een zinnig woord kan typen na zoveel wijn! I am impressed.
Hmm, er staat hier nog ergens een pot met kurken van prosecco flessen, daar was ik ook nog wat mee van plan....

Pierelantijntjes said...

Goedemorgen Lili,
Eerlijk waar, je blijft me elke dag opnieuw verbazen!. Wat een verzameling weer. Nu zijn wij geen wijndrinkers, maar na deze post geloof ik niet dat ik nog een fles kan ontkurken zonder naar de kurk te kijken. Echt fantastisch. Ik zit hier met een big smile te kijken naar je foto's. En vind trouwens zo'n krans wel een erg leuk idee om een keer te maken. Mmm zullen we toch aan de wijn moeten.
En dan die holle kurk, Echt geweldig met die dobbelsteentjes.
Veel succes hoor, met de laatste (loodjes). Ik hoop dat ze net zo licht wegen als de kurken.
Fijne dag,
Groetjes van Ester

Lululiz said...

Until I saw your post, I had never really thought about designs on corks. Aren't they fascinating though? I'll never open a bottle of wine again without studying the design on the cork, lol.

Anonymous said...

Nou inderdaad, ik wist ook niet dat er zoveel verschillende soorten waren. Ik ken wel iemand die champagnekurken spaart, of bewaart eigenlijk. En ik heb wel eens iemand gezien die er een groot schilderij van gemaakt had.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

That's A TON of corks! (Well, 27 actually - lol!) Never really stopped to notice the fabulous graphics on them before... I will have to watch more closely now! =)

LW said...

Another amazing collection; I think corks are interesting I have saved a few but just as souvenirs …
I always thought that it would be fun to frame them with a calligraphy note as to the happy event that they were from, adding the name and year of the wine or champagne as well.
Of course I must admit I can’t remember all the details now so I guess that will never be done.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Louise

Rostrose said...

Oh LiLi - your cork-posting is both - amazing and amusing! Love the very large collection - and your favourite, the angel-cork! And had a laugh when I saw the cork-seat in the journal!
Lots of hugs to you & happy weekend, Traude

La Maison said...

Hi Lili,

En weer is er de herkenning. KURKEN.
Vorig jaar heb ik de hele tijd dat we in Frankrijk verbleven de kurken bewaard. In het najaar schrok ik zo van de hoeveelheid dat ik ze in een zak gestort heb die voor dat doel bij een supermarkt stond. Tja en daar heb ik nu spijt van. dus ik begin weer opnieuw met sparen. Een krans heb ik al een keer gemaakt dus misschien wordt het nu een zitzak??
Groeten en bedankt weer voor je leuke post.
Hermine.

June said...

Lili, I'm starting to think your grandmother was some kindda lady. How cool is it that she made the dice game herself?!
You have some awesome (and crazy) collections, girl! It makes me anxious for tomorrow to see what you will show us next.
The corks have wonderful graphics don't they. I love the wreaths that you made with them!
hugs

Beth Leintz said...

You should take your collection pictures and posts and turn them into a book- they would make a fun counting book for kids and eye candy for someone like me.

Wanted to let you know I was the LUCKY recipient of one your Alice tags- its incredible, so much detail and thought went into it- a work of art!

lia said...

Wol, foto's knoopjes en kurk....zo ik heb het weer allemaal gezien en gelezen. Je laatste van kurk... die had ik dus ook een hele tijd bewaard, om een keer een mooie glazen pot, [die ik toen nog moest kopen] te vullen. Toen ik de pot had zocht ik naar de kurken, en wat denk je. Ja manlief had die troep weggegooid. En toen was de lol eraf en heb ze niet meer gespaard. Maar moet er steeds aan denken als ik ergens kurken zie.

lieve groet Lia

Fete et Fleur said...

Hello Dear LiLi!

I love how the collections are progressing. The Cork wreath is brilliant. I love cork, it is so tactile, and the tree it comes from is wild!

Hugs!
Nancy

Stacey said...

The dice and cork container are wonderful! What a treasure to remember your grandmother by:)

Heidi said...

Ik ken het...ik spaarde ook eerst om een krans te maken,toen ging ik de kurken bekijken en vond ze mooi...nu kan ik geen kurk meer weggooien! hahaha
Maar wat ik er ooit mee ga doen???