Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A collection of seventeen: greens

Today we have a collection of green items. 
Collecting and displaying on color is fun and as today is St. Patrick's day I have chosen the color green.
Vandaag is het St. Patrick's dag,  hij is de beschermheilige van Ierland en zoals jullie wel weten is de kleur van Ierland, groen. Om te laten zien dat het ook leuk is om op kleur te verzamelen heb ik vandaag een groene verzameling. 
click on the photo to enlarge -je kunt op de foto klikken voor een vergroting
Almost all items are parts of other collections!
I have a collection of half dolls, cardboard candy boxes, small bottles, sewing notions, bingo cards, baubles, wooden spools mmm need I go on?
Hier zie je dingen die allemaal weer bij een andere verzameling horen: ik heb half dolls, kartonnen bonbondozen, naaibenodigdheden, blikken speelgoed...ook bewaar ik van alles om mee te knutselen; zoals de postzegel en de bingokaarten, ach wat kan ik niet gebruiken?
I'm just highlighting these two. Both from my paternal grandmother. The one who had everything and more. She had this map with the embroidery stitches cards, they are handy. And the counter for knitting work is handy too, if you know where to find it! ;-)
Twee dingen wil ik even naar voren halen. Allebei van mijn oma van vaderskant. Degene die alles had en meer! Het ene is het mapje met borduursteken van Anker en het andere is een toerenteller om te breien. Handig, als je hem tenminste weet te vinden. ;-)
I love this^ book on displaying collections.
Dit^ boek over het neer zetten van verzamelingen vind ik erg leuk. 
It has a few pages on displaying on color.
I could do any color, especially soft colors. Green maybe  a more difficult one! That might be another challenge. Blogging on collecting a rainbow in several blog posts, would you join me?!
In dit boek staan een paar pagina's over decoreren op kleur. Ik geloof dat ik elke (zachte) kleur wel verzamel, groen is misschien haast de moeilijkste. Dat zou een volgende uitdaging kunnen zijn. Het maken van blogposten over verzamelingen in de kleuren van de regenboog! Zou dat ook iets voor jou zijn? 
To my dutch readers I recommend these 'de jaren...series' ( in English : the fifties, the sixties, the seventies.)  I just saw that there is an 80-ties version too, the 80-ties yes, only yesterday :-}
Voor de Nederlandstaligen ook nog een andere aanbeveling; de serie 'de jaren...'. Inmiddels zijn de eerste exemplaren ook in soft cover verschenen en een stuk goedkoper geworden. Ik heb gehoord dat er inmiddels ook een jaren '80 versie is. Jaren '80? Dat was gisteren! 
I took this card 'somewhere' on the internet. Is it yours? I would love to credit you. 
Thanks for your visit and happy St. Patrick's day!
Iedereen een fijne St. Patricks dag! Je mag jezelf vandaag wel op iets groens trakteren!
Bedankt voor je bezoek weer! 
xoxo LiLi M.

20 comments:

Janine said...

daar is ik weer, je weet het he, groen is de kleur van het hart, de warmte en.... de natuur, mooie kleur, en inderdaad erg meilijk om mee te dekoreren, hoe zou dat toch komen, is toch vreemd, we vinden em allemaal mooi in de natuur maar binne wil niemand em hebben. :)) dat mini kleine flesje heb ik ook gehad, in mijn kamertijd in druten, longlonglonggggggggggggggg time ago. Ik had een letterbak en daar stond die in met allemaal broertjes en zusjes, in alle kleuren. Die kaarten om te borduren vind ik toch zo leuk, bij jou is het echt een museum. :))))als de ijstijd aanbreekt en ze graven ons op als ijslollies in het jaar 3087, dan zeggen ze bij jouw huis, hier woonde de carekeeper. :))) liefs van mieeeeeeeeeeee toedeluhu

Anonymous said...

Wat een originele, leuke post weer vandaag. Maar ga nu niet zeggen dat je nog meer van die poedels hebt??????
Hier is het ook al zonnig, heerlijk, dat hebben we nodig.
Tot morgen.


PS Hoor net op RTL4 het nieuws. Wat verschrikkelijk!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Lili!
I really would love to SEE how you have all of your collections ORGANIZED in your home....I can't even imagine having such a vaste collection of items that match, or are of like nature and storing them somewhere in my house so that I could FIND them in order to photograph them! YOU ARE AMAZING and thank you for this wonderful post of my favorite color of all time. It reminds me that soon we will be eating fresh herbs from my garden and enjoying a green garden!

Many loving thoughts to you for a wonderful day! ANita

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Good morning, dear LiLi! Your collection of green items looks very lovely! It's really amazing to see how many and what kind of collections you have. I'm sure I could come up with quite an amount of pink things but not with all the rainbow colors.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Hugs,
Julia

Pierelantijntjes said...

Goeiemorgen Lili,
Wat een geweldige post weer! Wat een mooie dingen staan er op de foto's. Ik ben dol op het lichte pastelachtige mint groen wat je in accessoires van vroeger kan vinden. Ergens diep in mijn hoofd zit een herinnering van vroeger met die kleur, en ik kom er niet achter. Misschien was het een nachtkastje bij mijn oma, of de kleur van de deuren bij mijn andere opa? Ik weet het niet maar in ieder geval, als ik die kleur zie krijg ik een soort van vlinders in mijn buik. Wat leuk ook, die link met St. Patrick's day. En dan die boekjes he, je snapt 'm misschien wel: (daar heb ik er ook een paar van en wil ze eigenlijk allemaal).
En dat was ik gisteren vergeten: ik hoop dat we die pop up boeken ook nog eens een keer tegen komen op je blog. En ik wordt vandaag door mijn zoontje op heel veel groen getrakteerd, hij heeft nl. een schoolvoetbaltournooi. Zo, ik ga snel stoppen want anders is er geen ruimte meer voor andere blogsters die ook willen reageren
Liefs van Ester

Lori said...

LiLi, what a great collection of greens...i love the lindt box and the little green clock...you might be surprised, i have quite a lot of green in my kitchen...i am not all pink over here...

Barbara said...

This is such a great idea for your collection today! It's a wonderful photo. Plus, new words for me! Huis = house, huizen = houses, and maybe spelden is soap?

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

I SPY an aeroplane, a reel of thread... (your first photo reminds me of a page from an I-Spy book)! Fun GREEN post! =)

Lululiz said...

Collecting by colour works really well, your photograph certainly shows that, even if they are all part of other collections. They do make a really nice display. We ought to issue you with a daily colour challenge, lol, how about purple??
Who am I kidding, I just know you could put together a fabulous purple collection as well.

LW said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Lili,

That is a Fun green collection…
Love the poodle.

Enjoy your day…
Louise

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Happy St Patricks Day!!

Victoria xxx

Betty said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Lili! I am so enjoying seeing your collections! I love that little green box on the top right.

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Hmmm...ik weet niet of ik een hele regenboog bij elkaar kan showen, volgens mij heb ik nl niets in het oranje of geel, maar verder zou het wel een heel leuk idee zijn natuurlijk! Ik ben gevallen voor je kleine groene poedeltje hoor! Wat een moppie!
Ik ben weer helemaal bij met je collecties (mens, wat heb jij een zonnebrillen, ik heb er geen één!)! Enne.... nog geen verzameling maar m'n eerste engeltje is in da house!!! (Nou ja, eigenlijk zijn het er zelfs 2!). Zal ik je ooit nog inhalen??? Mwhaaa... dat gaat me vast niet lukken!
Toedels!!!!!

somepinkflowers said...

thanks 2 U, Lili,
i have been looking around my home
lately
and noticing
how many collections I have.

:-)


i never really noticed
how often i am drawn
to the same things over
and over again...


such fun!

{{ thanks so much
for opening my eyes! }}

Miss Marple said...

Heerlijk die kollektie in groen! Vooral dat mapje met die borduursteken...Ik zit weer te genieten!
Lieve groetjes - Irma

rochambeau said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you dear, LiLi!
What a great collections of "Green's"
for this day!!
Thanks for visiting today!
Here is a gift for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LsQ5gcf_fo

xox
Constance

June said...

Hi Lili, should I tell you that I am green with envy over your greens??? But then I have a lot of green things myself. I love the color green. You are very blessed that you had a grandmother that kept everything!
Wishing you a great green day as well.
hugs

linnea-maria said...

What a clever post. Im not sure I could scratch together 17 things in my home that is green. Love the colour on the chocolate box. How do you store all your collections? Have a wonderful day Lili!
Hugs from the happy couple :)

BellaRosa said...

Lili amor, what lovely greens you have! I can't get over all your wonderful collections! I love it, can only imagine how great it would be to visit you and see them all in person :) Thanks to you...now as I go through my house, I see so many things that I didn't even realize I was collecting...like salt & pepper shakers with roses on them, sm bud vases...tons of lil things and the funniest that surprised me...cute lil mouses..or is that mice? lol either way...that surprised me the most...being that I hate the real ones lol Have a beautiful day amor :) Besos, Rose

Stacey said...

The picture you took of your green items is really lovely. And the postcard at the end is a real gem- Is it yours?