Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A collection of 30: floating pens

Day 30 and I'm showing you 30 floating pens:
Dag 30 en ik laat 30 floating (ik kon eigenlijk geen goede vertaling vinden) pennen zien:
I have more than 30 floating pens :-}. I started to collect them in 1986 when I was in a shop in Amsterdam and got my first radio clothing company ping-pong pen for free (see photo below). It reminded me of my youth. I never got souvenir pens like this as a child, but my friend had one and I loved it. I'm not a very fanatic collector though.
Ik heb meer dan 30 van die pennen :-}. Het begon met de onderstaande ping pong pen van Radio Clothing Company, die ik in 1986 gratis in een winkel kreeg. Maar ik ben ook met deze pennen geen fanatieke verzamelaar.
The white floating ship pen is my most recent catch. It is a gift from my daughter, who got that as a present at the new school of her boyfriend about 2 months ago. Thanks!
De witte pen met het varende schip is mijn meest recente aanwinst. Ik kreeg hem van mijn dochter die hem scoorde op de open dagen van de opleiding die haar vriendje gaat volgen. Bedankt!
Most floating pens I own have a horizontal floating image, but these^ pens are made vertically. These are souvenir pens, from right to left: Brittany (France), Normandy (France) and Florida (USA).
De meeste floating pennen die ik heb, hebben een horizontale tekening, maar er zijn er ook met een verticale. Hier^ zien je souvenir pennen uit Bretagne, Normandië en Florida.
A closer look^
Even van dichtbij kijken^
another row at a closer look^
Een blik op een andere rij pennen^
Most of my pens are souvenir pens. When I still worked at the office I always used them. I love to surround me with personal and fun things, even at the office. Everybody loved those pens. A fellow worker even brought me one from New York. Last year I bought one myself over there and see: even on floating pens the twin towers have disappeared.
De meeste pennen die ik heb zijn souvenir pennen. Toen ik nog op kantoor werkte gebruikte ik ze altijd. Ik vond het altijd prettig me ook op kantoor te omringen met persoonlijke en vrolijke dingen. Die pennen vond iedereen leuk. Een collega nam zelfs pennen voor me mee van haar vakantie waarvan één uit New York. Vorig jaar kocht ik daar zelf ook een pen. Bij thuiskomst viel me op dat de Twin Towers nu zelfs van de floating pennen verdwenen zijn. 

Here^ you see my entire collection of floating pens. This isn't a collection that I complement very regularly. Since I don't work at an office anymore I don't buy these pens often.  Though I always used them at the office, I was always a little scared that someone would take one and forget to put it back. In stead of that fellow workers brought me souvenir pens from their vacation! Now they are all safe at my home and they still cheer me up with their bright colors.
Hier mijn gehele verzameling van floating pennen. Zeker nu ik niet meer op kantoor werk wordt deze collectie niet meer regelmatig aangevuld. Hoewel ik ze altijd op kantoor gebruikte, was ik altijd een beetje bang dat iemand één van mijn pennen zou lenen en vergeten terug te leggen. In plaats daarvan nam een collega pennen voor me mee van haar vakantie! Nu zijn ze allemaal veilig bij mij thuis en vrolijken ze me op met hun mooie kleurtjes. 

Morgen de finale! Ik ben druk bezig geweest en hoop dat jullie mijn '31' post leuk zullen vinden.
Bedankt voor je bezoek weer en hopelijk tot morgen,
Tomorrow the 'grand finale', I have been quite busy and do hope that you will enjoy it. 
Thanks for your visit, hope to see you tomorrow,  

32 comments:

Janine said...

meid, ik erleef mijn hele jeugd bij jou serie, geweldigggggggggggggggggggggg. die pennen, ja wie kende ze niet, ik heb niet de pinup dame gezien wiens rokje om hoog ging als je het ding draaide, wuhahahahaha, ja die hadden natuurlijk emer mannelijke liefhebbers, maar ik heb weer genoten meid, ben zo benieuwd anar morgen, en ook een beetje weemoedig, want dan ist alles vorbei. maar wie weet is het ook andersom en ga je ons ook missen zo elke dag ;)) wehhhhhhhhhhh, liefs van Janine

Pierelantijntjes said...

Hallo Lili,
Zo ontzettend leuk zijn die pennen. Ik wordt ook weer teruggevoerd naar vroeger. Wij gingen eigenlijk nooit op vakantie, maar eenmaal per jaar gingen we een daagje uit. En op zo'n daagje heb ik eens zo'n pen gehad. Ik weet nog goed dat ik het reuze interessant vond dat zo'n bootje heen en weer kon varen. Helaas heb ik die pen niet meer, maar toen wij vorig jaar in Volendam waren, kwam ik zulke pennen tegen. Ik heb toen mijn kinderen allebei zo'n pen laten uitzoeken maar zij waren lang niet zo onder de indruk van die pen als ik vroeger was.
Nou, morgen de laatste van je serie.... Zucht.
Lieve Groet en tot morgen.
Ester

@ddy said...

Alweer zo'n leuke verzameling van jou. Vroeger zag je deze pennen wel meer en dan de pin-up versie.
Jammer dat morgen de laatste keer is!!
Groetjes Addy

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hellooooo Lili... sorry.. long long time no visit.. and what a wonderful lot of blog posts to catch up with..
I just love collections and and especially your eclectic lot.. It is so interesting seeing an item in duplicate and with so many variations.
I shall definitely be looking out for floating pens now to add to your collection.

Hope life is fine and dandy with you..?
Much love
Michele xx

Nicole Orriëns said...

Een prachtige collectie zeg! Ik kende deze 'pensoort' helemaal niet.

BellaRosa said...

Lili amor, what great pens...you know...I can only remember having one of these floating pens...and that is because I remember the spanking I got because of it lol It was a pen with nekid people...but in my defense I was about 5 and found it at the park...I loved playing with it and seeing their clothes come off and come back on lol sadly my mama didn't think it was as funny :) Your pens are soo much prettier...the colors are lovely too :) Hope I made you smile with my lil story :) Besos, Rose

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Lili this is such a great idea for a collection!!

You must let me know if you'd like any more added to your collection from London or when I'm in the US.

Victoria xx

Anonymous said...

Wat leuk, wat heb ik die lang niet gezien zeg. Ik heb er ook wel eens eentje gehad, met zo'n bootje volgens mij. "Wie wat bewaart die heeft wat", zei mijn vader altijd.

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

I love these pens! :)

Lululiz said...

It must be so much fun writing with pens like that.

Loveforpiemonte said...

Je hebt toch wel hele bijzondere verzamelingen hoor, vind het iedere keer weer zo leuk wat er voorbij komt. Maar helaas het is bijna ten einde, ben benieuwd waar je dan weer mee komt.
Groetjes en een fijne week, Madelon

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning (for me!) Lili!!! This is too fabulous....only you could make, like I said before, something unvintage and make it a collector's must have. I had never, ever even thought of these items until now, seeing how you have put them together! THe colors are just striking and cheery as well! Oh Lili, I am going to miss this so much! You have done a wonderful job. I like you so much!!! :))

Many happy hours of planning the next one for us, your friends who love you so.

Bisous, Anita

Caroline said...

Wat een onverwachte verzameling, ze zijn leuk je pennen ! Tijd geleden dat ik er 1 gezien heb. Maar je werkplek een beetje je eigen plek maken ken ik, ik zit nu op mijn werk met mijn eigen roze pen en mijn spulletjes om mij heen. Dat kan zomaar afgelopen zijn als ze het idee van flexibele werkplekken doorzetten en je geen eigen plekje meer hebt, elke dag al je spullen inpakken en maar zien waar je de volgende dag komt te zitten. Mijn pauze zit er weer op, aan het werk, nu nog op mijn eigen plek ;-)
Groeten Caroline

La Maison said...

Hallo Lili,

Laat ik nou helemaal vergeten zijn dat deze pennen bestaan, ik zie ze echt nooit. Je hebt wel een énige collectie. Vroeger had ik er ook een maar ja,die is verdwenen.
Morgen je laatst post, jammer ik heb echt van post genoten.
Ik ben heel nieuwsgierig dus tot morgen.
Lieve groet,
Hermine

Lori said...

LiLi, i was thinking that i didn't know what these were...then i saw Rose's comment...and it reminded me that one of my uncles had a naughty one of these when i was little...it was a pinup in a back bathing suit that disappeared when you turned the pen over to write...how fun that your coworkers brought pens back for you from their vacations!!!

lia said...

Ach ja, die ken ik ook nog. Er zat van alles in die pennen, van boten treinen tot blote vrouwen volgens mij.
Leuk, je hebt er wel veel hoor. En je spaart ook echt alles.
Ben benieuwd waar je mee afsluit morgen.

lieve groet Lia

Annemiek said...

Wat een onwijs leuke verzameling pennen , dat zijn nuttige souveniers ! Ikzelf probeer overal een theelepeltje te scoren en de meeste daarvan worden ook gewoon gebruikt .
Heeeeeeeeel jammer dat we morgen de alweer laatste aflevering van je serie-van-31-verzamelingen krijgen , ik heb er echt onwijs van genoten .
Dank je wel voor die dagelijkse geniet momentjes !

Unknown said...

That is a fun collection! I think I've had a pen or two like that in my lifetime that I have lost!
Lili, I am celebrating my 2nd blogoversary! You are most certainly welcome to come and join in the celebration! I am having a giveaway! Do come and celebrate with me, won't you? I've always enjoyed your visits and consider you a bloggy friend.
Sincerely,
~TattingChic ♥

Andrea said...

I love those pens,I can see why you have so many! xo Andrea

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Kijk, dit had ik toch helemaal niet verwacht!!!!! Zelfs hier heb je een verzamling van! Ongelovelijk! Ik ben elke keer weer met stomheid geslagen!!!!
Hmmm... geloof niet dat ik dergelijke pennen gehad heb vroeger, toch een beetje jammer!
Oh en je vogeltjes..... super!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ben benieuwd naar de grande finale!

Jeanette Nord said...

Oh I remember I had one of those as a child, a boat gently floating on a river. I loved that pen! I wonder were it got to. Maybe it ended up in your collection? Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane!

Take care
Jeanette

vosgesparis said...

hah! die met die bootjes vond ik ok zo leuk als kind.... wat een leuke verzameling aan posten is dit gewotden... en morgen nog een!

June said...

Lili, I think I must live under a rock or something, because I have never seen a floating pen in my life. I didn't even know such a thing existed. lol I think I live a rather sheltered life, don't you? You have a lovely collection of these and at least you are not like me and wonder where a pen is all the time.
I have learned a lot from you.
hugs

LW said...

What a fun and colorful collection...
will be here to tomorrow to see 31...

Louise

Janine said...

zo, ik zit er klaar voor, dus kom maar op!!!!! :))))

Anonymous said...

I love these floating pens also!!!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

These are funny, LiLi! I'm not sure if I have ever seen such a floating pen before. If I ever run into one, I will for sure immediately think of you!
Hugs,
Julia

delia casa said...

do you whish excange some pen? Delia

delia casa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LiLi M. said...

Sorry Delia , my pens are all personal souvenirs, so I don't want to exchange them. Love LiLi

delia casa said...

tks for answer :)

Aks said...

Wow. I used to have one in 90s. Then I lost it.. actually somebody stole it and these were not common so I looked ey for these kind of pens but never founded one. I almost forgot about these pens. Lovely collection